It's YOUR Year to Get Fit!!!

Guess what?  It is never too late to have a Fit, Fabulous, Healthy Body!  You can start any time - every day is a new day to be fitter, stronger, healthier, leaner, happier and symptom-free.  THE BEST NEWS IS...you don't need a gym! Once you learn a few simple exercises and have a GAME PLAN you'll be on your way!  Follow my 10-Step Strategy and before you know it, you'll be shedding pounds, inches and feeling full of boundless NRG!!!

Here's MY 10-Step Strategy:

#1) Eat Lots (and lots, and lots) of fresh, green veggies every day i.e. Kale, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Lettuce, Cabbage, Collard Greens, Broccoli, etc.  High fiber dark green veggies keep those internal burners firing and increase metabolism.  If you don't like them raw...cook them, throw them into a blender and puree them into a delicious soup.  Did you know that Kale for instance is sweet and is great blended raw into a smoothie?  Expand your palette by trying fruits and veggies that you have never had before.  My sister's husband George has lost a staggering 40 pounds over the past 6 months and I was stunned when she told me how much food he eats.   It's all about making the right choices and having healthy food readily available in your fridge & pantry.
My favorite Asparagus, Fennel, Orange Salad with Citrus Marinade

Suzie's Farm Organic Co-op Weekly Order of Fresh Vegetables

Organic Kale

Organic Fennel

Organic Broccoli

Organic Sunflower Sprouts

#2) Eat Frequently...do not starve yourself or restrict yourself from eating things you love.  Ninety percent of my nutrition is comprised of vegetables, nuts and high protein grains such as black beans, brown rice, quinoa, etc.  I also eat fish, chicken and red meat occasionally.  Fruit, dairy products and desserts are in smaller quantities but I don't deprive myself.   Just use moderation and eat something every 2-3 hours (preferably fresh, unprocessed foods).

#3) Exercise Every Day!  Yes, I mean it.  On the days that I don't feel like exercising I just go for a long walk with my dog and choose a path that has many roads uphill!  I haven't been to a gym in 4 years.  The outdoors is my gym...i.e. local parks; highschool stadiums; bike paths...you get the picture!  Mix it up and try different things such as cycling or hiking.  Incorporate a Yoga class into your work week to help you with stress.  Stress is one of the biggest triggers for over-eating!  If you need to get a "jump-start" on your exercise program contact C.P.T. Chris Law at http://www.ilovefit.com/www.ilovefit.com/Welcome.html  Chris is a wealth of information!
Power Work-Out at Fletcher Cove, Solana Beach 7:00 a.m.

#4) Fill your mind with Positive, Optimistic Messages...don't watch downer negative shows on t.v. (you know what I'm talking about).  If you do watch them, notice how you feel afterwards.  Do they make you feel good about your life?  Do they make you feel like going out for a run or hitting the treadmill - probably NOT!  


#5) Eat at Home More.  This is the best way to manage how your food is prepared and what is going IN it.  If it's NOT in your fridge - you won't eat it but if you're in a restaurant you are more likely to cheat.  Don't get me wrong, restaurant food is wonderful and I love to go out and try new places!  It's a nice treat every now and then but it's usually got a lot of hidden fat, sodium and extra calories you don't need.


#6) Don't Waste Your Money on  Packaged, "Low Fat" Entrees (unless you have absolutely no discipline, or, health conditions that prevent you from losing weight).  These pre-packaged (often frozen) products usually contain more chemicals, preservatives, sodium and sugar than you realize and they don't really educate you on healthy eating.*  Just make a commitment to eat fresh, organic, healthy foods that you prepare yourself.  *NOTE:  If you are seriously obese then you should consult with a reputable doctor and get on a medically supervised program.  If you don't have time to shop & cook healthy - contact ME and I will tell you about my new Healthy Organic Home Delivery Service!


#7) Limit Caffeine and Alcohol Consumption when you are trying to drop the pounds!  This was probably the hardest thing for me because I love my freshly brewed French Roast coffee in the morning and I love a glass of Chardonnay at night. So, I just started by cutting back.  I went from 3 cups of coffee in the a.m. to one and a half and I limit myself now to one glass of wine with dinner every other night or none at all.  And definitely eliminate those "special" coffees topped with sugary syrups and whipped cream.  Those are guaranteed to put weight on and they're expensive!


#8) Drink More Water - hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!!!  I can not stress this enough.  If you live in California where I live - get a water filtration system or a Brita and purify your tap water so that it's drinkable.  Forget about buying bottled water - those plastic bottles are expensive; they are filling up our landfills and wreaking havoc with our environment and the chemicals in the pvc plastic are not good for you any way.  Save your $$$!!!

#9) S T R E T C H Before and after Exercising!  It's important to take a few minutes to stretch prior to exercising and about 10-15 minutes afterwards.  WHY?  This prevents injury and soreness.  The main reason people stop their exercise program is due to pain &/or injuries.  So remember to STRETCH!
Tuesday Morning Stretch at Fletcher Cove, Solana Beach


#10) Supplement Your Nutrition.  Incorporate a daily Vitamin/Mineral routine with the BEST quality, organic nutritional supplements you can afford.  Consult an expert in this field such as your doctor, nutritionist, naturopath, chiropractor, acupuncturist, etc. to assess what your needs are and what will work best for you.  As most of you know I am a HUGE FAN of Barlean's products and our family has been taking them for YEARS!  I highly recommend them.

Now Just Do It!
Share on :
It's YOUR Year to Get Fit!!!
It's YOUR Year to Get Fit!!!
Reviewed by pada mama
Published :
Rating : 4.5