Another Passion of Mine! Mamma Chia

You are probably wondering what happened to me!  Well, I guess you could say I took a little hiatus from jewelry designing over the summer.  Summers are always very busy around here when the kids are home from school but now that they are back, I promise I will be posting some new designs for Fall/Winter in the next week or so.  
One of my other passions, as many of you well know...is organic, healthy cooking.  I love to cook and I love to incorporate healthy products into my recipes!!!  I was fortunate to grow up with a mom who let me loose in the kitchen and always involved me in the cooking process.  She taught me soooo much and she allowed me to make mistakes. Mom's out there - listen up...if you want your daughter's to be self sufficient - teach them how to cook!   My mother baked fresh bread every week and rarely brought home anything store-bought if she could make it herself.  We did not necessarily eat steak every night but my mom could make fried bologna taste good!  So thanks mom for inspiring me to experiment in my own kitchen.  I love to endorse healthy products and I came across one recently which was introduced to me by a wonderful gal named Barbra Chakos - an amazing Bikram Yoga instructor.  It's a vitality beverage invented by founder Janie Hoffman that contains hydrated chia seeds which are loaded with Omega 3!  The drink is called "Mamma Chia".  Here is my very first Healthy Cooking Demo since I was on the Oprah Show in 1995.  I posted it on YouTube last night.  I would also encourage you to go on the website and read about all of the health benefits that this 10 oz. beverage packs!  It is the favorite drink of my entire family.  Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QlbQGZu6M8
Mamma Chia Raspberry Passion Flavor
http://www.mammachia.com/


Mamma Chia

sharing the magic of chia

 2000mg Omega-3
 Excellent Source of Fiber
 High in Antioxidants
 4g Complete Protein
 95mg Calcium
 Lightly Sweetened
 Gluten-Free & Vegan


Planting the Seed

It started on a small organic farm in rural San Diego, where Mamma Chia founder and CEO, Janie Hoffman, in her quest to find an ideal diet for her own health, fell in love with the magic of chia. Janie quickly discovered this amazing little seed was providing a powerful vitality boost and was instrumental in addressing some challenging health issues related to longstanding autoimmune disorders. She was so convinced of the benefits, there was a time when there wasn’t anything in her kitchen that wasn’t laden with chia! But it was Janie’s chia beverage that became the biggest hit with her friends and family. In addition to finding the beverages to be fun and delicious, they also chia drink, chia seeds, chia beverage, mama chia, mamma chia, energy drink, vitality drink
experienced a noticeable increase in energy and vitality. In the summer of 2009, fueled by her passion for chia and her commitment to be of service to humanity and the planet, Janie founded Mamma Chia – the first organic, chia-based food and beverage company. In addition to her love of chia, Janie and her husband, Lance, enjoy growing Hass avocados and pineapple guavas on their small farm with their 2 kitties, Spanky and Sparky, and their sweet dog, Yogi.


Share on :
Another Passion of Mine! Mamma Chia
Another Passion of Mine!  Mamma Chia
Reviewed by pada mama
Published :
Rating : 4.5