Broadcast Film Critic's Awards 2012

It's that time of year!  I will be heading to N. Hollywood tomorrow to attend the Critic's Choice Awards 2012 which will be televised live on VH1.  I received a little inside scoop today that Leonardo DiCaprio, Bob Dylan and Olivia Harrison are all to participate in a Martin Scorsese Music & Film Award Tribute!
George Clooney will also be presenting my all-time favorite male actor Sean Penn with the prestigious Joel Siegel Award.  Among the many presenters are:  Melissa McCarthy (love her), Owen Wilson, Kirsten Dunst, Dustin Hoffman, Diane Kruger and Paul Rudd!



The Music + Film Award honors a single filmmaker who has touched audiences through cinematic storytelling, and has heightened the impact of films through the brilliant use of source and original music.  In addition to this honor, Scorsese's film "Hugo" is nominated for 11 Critic's Choice Awards, and, he directed the Best Documentary Feature nominee "George Harrison: Living in the Material World".

For the past five years, I have attended the CC's with my sister Erin; her husband E.T. Reporter George Pennachio; and my good friend - the legendary Entertainment Reporter Bobbie Wygant (Dallas, TX), however, Bobbie unfortunately, is not able to make the trip this year.  I thought I was going to be sitting at home on the couch watching the award show on t.v. until I got a surprise Facebook message from a very special Movie Critic & friend in Dallas inviting me to be her 'date'.  It took me about 20 seconds to say "YES"!!!  So, it looks as though I will be going afterall with my friend E.T. Reporter Nancy Jay.  Thank you Nancy!!!
L to R:  Heather Short, Erin Pennacchio, Nancy Jay, Sandie Newton, Bobbie Wygant, ?
At the BFCA's 2010

Decisions, decisions...what to wear?  I did not have time to shop so I had to pull an outfit together quickly!  I was just at a CAbi Fashions Sample Show over the weekend in Huntington Beach and I purchased this adorable black tunic with a stand-up ruffle v-neckline. THE ALL IMPORTANT QUESTION - is it dressy enough for the CC's?  Well, I tried it on with a tight black skirt, opaque black hose, 4" pumps and then added some gold bangle earrings and a gold cuff bracelet.  It works!  I may rush out tonight to get a gold jewelled belt per my sister-in-law Beth's suggestion.  I like the idea of a pop of color somewhere or some glitz.  Be sure to tune in tomorrow night!  I'll post photos of the before, during and after party later in the week!
Black Ruffle Neck Tunic from CAbi
http://www.cabionline.com/collection/

For more information about CAbi Fashions and where to get them contact Beth Shannon 
bethcabi@yahoo.com

Share on :
Broadcast Film Critic's Awards 2012
Broadcast Film Critic's Awards 2012
Reviewed by pada mama
Published :
Rating : 4.5