SCD's Fashion Favorites & Faux Pas From The Critic's Choice Awards 2012!


What a fun night I had at the 17th Annual Critic's Choice Awards in Hollywood, CA!  I had a balcony seat this year at the Pallidium thanks to Movie Critic Nancy Jay from Dallas, Texas.  It was so great sitting in the balcony as I had a bird's eye view of the entire room and literally could see everyone!  The highlight of the night for me was getting to see/hear the legendary Bob Dylan perform and also having a perfect view of Brad Pitt and George Clooney right below me - eye candy for sure!   I've had a chance now to review the photos and these are some of MY favorite fashions; hairdo's; makeup, and jewelry of the night.  There were a few mis-steps as well in the fashion department but overall, I saw some really lovely looking women (and very dapper men).  It's pretty obvious that celebrities all have stylists these days!  
Here we go:

STAR CANDY DESIGNS PICK 
Best Dressed Women
Jessica Chastain's Pink Gown was Figure Flatterring Perfection!
I've already solicited my Fashion Designer sister Erin Pennacchio to make me a dress in this color!

Kirsten Dunst looked flirty and fresh in this lovely, short black dress!
Melissa McCarthy sparkled in this Midnight Blue sequined floor length gown!
My only criticism here is the necklace she is wearing - I thought she should have worn white gold or platinum vs. yellow gold.

Evan Rachel Wood looked classy and elegant in her black lace strapless gown!
The bejewelled hair detailing is lovely too.

Stacy Keibler looked like a hot, statuesque Goddess in this white gown with amazing detail at the back!

So happy to see that Viola Davis chose red!  She looked incredible and her new chique haircut was perfect!!!
Best Dressed Males
Christopher Plummer - dapper as ever with a touch of pale pink!

Leonardo DiCaprio rocking that 'Mad Men' look - so handsome!

George Clooney - impeccable as always!

Best "Up Do" (Hairstyle)
Charlize Theron's gorgeous braided side swept DO was the perfect style to
compliment the scallopped neckline of her gown!


Best "Make Up"
Evan Rachel Wood's Hair and Makeup were both flawless!
Perfectly shaped brows and expertly applied false eyelashes.
Best Short Hair
Michelle Williams gets my pick for the Best Short Hair - I love her new strawberry blonde color too!

Best Jewelry
Berenice Bejo sparkled in these stunning Aquamarine Drops

Busy Phillip's diamond teardrop earrings were the perfect accent with her updo and red dress

My favorite earrings were these gold and diamond tassle earrings worn by Viola Davis

Best Dressed Cast
The Help Cast all chose gorgeous fashions that were both figure flatterring and age appropriate!


Most Intriguing / Interesting Outfit
I'm not sure what to make of Tilda Swinton's metrosexual outfit
but she definitely turned a lot of heads!

Least Favorite Fashions

At first glance I loved the colors of Diane Kruger's gown however it's a mixed blessing here.  While it totally flatters her gorgeous toned shoulders - it does strange things to her bustline!  Sorry Diane!

I love the sunny yellow color of Elizabeth Olsen's beaded dress but unfortunately the side circle details on the hips tend to make her look wider than she is!  She has a gorgeous figure but this fails to really show it off and I want to tell her to pull her shoulders back!

I felt that this heavily embroidered silk dress was too heavy for Elle Fanning!
She is a young girl and this seems to age her - not crazy about mustard yellow flowers on sage green either.
AND...drumroll please....here's what Erin & I wore!
I opted for a turquoise green VINTAGE beaded top with black pencil skirt, black hose and 4" black patent pumps!  My sister Erin wore this gorgeous turquoise blue satin ruffle collarred blouse and sparkly black high waisted pants accented with a crystal encrusted belt (that she made of course).  My clear Swarovski Crystal necklace and earrings were from my Love Candy Collection at: http://www.starcandydesigns.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=97
The "Samantha" Earrings by Star Candy Designs

The "Samantha" Necklace by Star Candy Designs
A little inside scoop about designer Erin Shannon Pennacchio.  Those of you who follow my blog know that Erin is my younger sister who is a talented fashion designer in N. Hollywood, CA.  She makes incredibly high-end dresses, cocktail dresses, gowns and bridal fashions for women of all ages and body types.  She is known for the fabulous fashions that she creates for actress & philanthropist Ruta Lee as well as other celebrities such as Kate Linder from The Young and the Restless; Michelle Tuzee - main anchor at KABC7 in Hollywood and many more!  If you would like to contact Erin directly her email is:  gowngirl@aol.com.  I have worn many of Erin's designs to celebrity and charity events throughout the years and receive many compliments - her workmanship is impeccable!  Erin also tried out for Project Runway!  Below is a photo of Erin and her husband, Entertainment Reporter George Pennacchio.  She often makes the coordinating vests and pocket squares that you see George wearing!
Entertainment Reporter George Pennacchio with my sis Erin Shannon Pennacchio!
My pic for Best Dressed Couple of the night!
And there you have it! What do you think??? Please feel free to post your comments and feedback...I would love to know what YOU think about the fashions at the Critic's Choice Awards this year.  Remember to tune in and watch the Golden Globes this Sunday night hosted by my favorite comedian/actor Ricky Gervais!
Share on :
SCD's Fashion Favorites & Faux Pas From The Critic's Choice Awards 2012!
SCD's Fashion Favorites & Faux Pas From The Critic's Choice Awards 2012!
Reviewed by pada mama
Published :
Rating : 4.5