S T R E T C H YOUR IMAGINATION!

STRETCHY BRACELET

JUST IMAGINE all the designs you can come up with when you STRETCH your imagination and really GO FOR IT!  The thing I have learned most since I started my jewelry making journey is to follow my gut instincts!  What matters most is that YOU like what you are making.  I used to be full of doubt and insecurities about my designs and I would almost be surprised when people would compliment me and ask me where I got a certain piece that I was wearing!  The point I want to make as a designer is that some of my best work came from simplicity and not over-thinking things.  For instance, the STRETCHY BRACELET.  What could be more simple?  It's all about the beads you choose.  You can make an elegant, one color bracelet like my red stretchy one here, or, combine various crystals and metal accent spacers to give it more  of a WOW FACTOR!
http://www.starcandydesigns.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=944 
STRETCHY With Big Glass Pearls
 & Metallic Czech Crystals
The most important thing is to have FUN and see what combinations you come up with.  This bracelet on the right looks EXPENSIVE doesn't it?  Well, listen up jewelry junkies!  The big glass pearls from SouthSun run about $3-$4 per strand - that's an average of .07 cents per bead!  The peacock blue metallic faceted Czech crystals will run you about $3 per strand for a whopping .17 cents per bead!  The most expensive part of this bracelet are the German Silver spacers inbetween the beads which run about .25 cents each.  If you total this all up, your COST to make this bracelet is approx. $5-$8 - how great is that?  I retail these colorful Stretchies for $29 & up!    Add a satin bow, and you really kick it up a notch!!! (Just had to use the Emeril cliche!) http://www.starcandydesigns.com/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=15


HEATHER'S 10 TIPS FOR BOOSTING YOUR CREATIVE IMAGINATION:
Colorful Mother of Pearl Shell Beads
  • KEEP YOUR BEADS ORGANIZED IN OPEN, COMPARTMENTAL CONTAINERS TO REDUCE CLUTTER (CLUTTER BLOCKS YOUR CREATIVITY DONTCHA KNOW?)
  • SUBSCRIBE TO A FEW FASHION MAGAZINES I.E: "IN-STYLE", "SEVENTEEN".  LET'S FACE IT, YOU'VE GOTTA KNOW WHAT'S HIP BUT DON'T BE A COPY CAT!
  • VISIT BEADS STORES OFTEN FOR DESIGN INSPIRATION - JUST THE COLORS ALONE ARE AMAZING!
  • DEDICATE TIME EVERY DAY TO MAKING AT LEAST ONE PIECE OF JEWELRY - REMEMBER YOUR CREATIVE BRAIN IS LIKE A MUSCLE THAT NEEDS DAILY EXERCISE!
  • START A DESIGN JOURNAL AND SKETCH IDEAS AS THEY HIT YOU!
  • DON'T TRY TO FOLLOW EVERY TREND - SET YOUR OWN!
  • VISIT STORES, MUSEUMS, GALLERIES, ETC., FOR DESIGN INSPIRATION (see photo below)...YOU'LL GET AWESOME COLOR IDEAS!
  • TAKE A JEWELRY CLASS AND LEARN A NEW TECHNIQUE
  • SUBSCRIBE TO ONE "BEADER'S" TYPE INSTRUCTIONAL MAGAZINE
  • PHOTOGRAPH EVERY PIECE YOU MAKE EVEN IF YOU'RE NOT HAPPY WITH IT!

How's This For Design Inspiration?  Glass Exhibit at Salk Institute in La Jolla, CA by:  Dale Chihuly
Oh, and one other thing....do some sort of physical exercise daily!  I personally like to go for a 3-5 mile run or walk every day in the early morning and then I meet with my trainer once-a-week for circuit training, weights, etc.  JUST DO SOMETHING to get your body moving!  Exercise really stimulates those endorphins and gets those creative juices flowing!!!  I get some of my BEST IDEAS when I'm out for a run.  Check out my simple routine:

Share on :
S T R E T C H YOUR IMAGINATION!
S  T  R  E  T  C  H    YOUR IMAGINATION!
Reviewed by pada mama
Published :
Rating : 4.5