DARE TO BE KNOTTY!





If you want to make a necklace that is EASY, FUN and has a "WOW FACTOR" - then KNOTTY is your friend!  I love making these while I'm watching t.v. and relaxing in the evenings...making a KNOTTY is like a form of therapy - similar to knitting, crochetting or scrapbooking.  I realized recently that my original inspiration for the KNOTTY necklace came in 2006 when I was on a trip to Italy.  I was at a train station in Milan and went into a little accessories type store and found these long knotted neckaces made with simple white cotton cord and big plastic, chunky beads.  It was sooooo simple!  I bought one and brought it back for my daughter Hannah who was 10 at the time.  Since then, I have made all types of Knotties using various types of cotton and leather cord.  I have also opted for using really gorgeous faceted Czech crystals, semi-precious stones, "orphan" glass beads from my stash and chunks of turquoise.  Here are a few examples of these fun, simple necklaces:
KNOTTY made with two colors of 1mm waxed cotton cord and Czech crystals

KNOTTY made with 2 strand turquoise 1mm waxed cotton cord, painted wood beads, chunks of turquoise & smokey quartz beads 


Now you don't have to settle for simple, here are some of my more sophisticated KNOTTIES:

Czech Crystal KNOTTY made with 1mm black leather cord and stabilized Turquoise

KNOTTY made with chunks of stabilized turquoise, black & navy leather cord, dangly crystals and quartz
Here is my daughter Hannah (age 16) modelling some of my KNOTTIES!
Teens love to wear multiple KNOTTIES

Share on :
DARE TO BE KNOTTY!
DARE TO BE KNOTTY!
Reviewed by pada mama
Published :
Rating : 4.5