19th Annual Critic's Choice Awards This Thursday!!!

Leslie Mann / Judd Apatow - CC's 2013
It's THAT TIME.  I'm making the trip to L.A. this Thursday, January 16th for the 19th Annual Critic's Choice Awards which will be televised live from the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, CA (on the CW Network 8:00 p.m. ET/PT). So I spent the entire weekend prepping, planning and thinking about the important stuff LOL - mani/pedi done check, hair highlighted check (still deciding if I should cut my hair or not), moisturizing facial done check, the dress dilemma solved, hmmm? the shoes, the jewelry, the hair, the make-up, how many lunge jumps, stairs, laps around the track and bar method classes can I squeeze into the next 4 days so my butt looks as good as possible in the dress, how many bottles of water can I drink so I look rested and hydrated…oh THE DRESS…long & flowing? cocktail length? form fitting? loose? beaded? jeweled?…THE COLOR periwinkle, midnight blue, black with sequins, fuscia, silver, coral…THE SHOES…pumps, stillettos, gold, silver, black patent, sparkly…THE POCKET BOOK…gold, silver, black, clutch, magazine, shoulder strap.  Went to the Laura Mercier cosmetics counter at Nordstrom this week and had the sales associate Natalie Allen update my eyes and show me the latest look.  Bought a bunch of cosmetics and went home wondering if I'd remember what brush was for what product.  None of this really matters to anyone but me of course since I'm an invited guest by pure luck and association with my sister - fashion designer Erin Shannon Pennacchio and brother - Entertainment Guru George Pennacchio (KABC7).  
I'm just another face in the audience enjoying the view, the free cocktails and the show! However, I love, love going and I love getting ready for it and the process starts early in the morning with my 5:00 a.m. drive to N. Hollywood fueled by plenty of Starbucks.
It's always exciting to look around the room and see who is there and what they are nominated for and what celebrity is wearing what and who looks amazing and who got it wrong and which actor has the best tux and which guy showed up in jeans looking like he just rolled out of bed and could care less about an award.  I love all the different styles, attitudes, outfits, the women's drop dead gorgeous bodies/gowns, jewelry, hairstyles, makeup.  I love the acceptance speeches, I really do!  Some prepare them for days and some are just off the cuff and some are completely flustered and waste the opportunity and some are extremely funny and some forget to thank their spouse/partner and some cry and usually make me cry.  My favorite was Judd Apatow's
Judd Apatow

acceptance speech last year - he was so funny and his wife is beautiful and he always has her (Leslie Mann) and Paul Rudd in his films.  I remember the year that Kristin Chenoweth hosted...
Kristin Chenoweth
I knew she was hilarious but I didn't know she was so multi-talented (singer/actress/dancer/comedian).  I remember what Canadian actor Nina Dobrev was wearing from Vampire Diaries last year - a Judy Jetson inspired sort of dress that looked like crumpled teal tinfoil.  I remember it was freezing cold in that airport hangar and a lot of people were upset about that!!!
Nina Dobrev
I remember that George Clooney was there with his much younger girlfriend - the female wrestler/Dancing With the Stars contestant that looks like Heidi Clum - Stacey Keibler.
Stacey Keibler
She was stunning in a long, flowing white gown and George looked very dapper of course in what I think was probably an Armani tux.  I remember Charlize Theron
Charlize Theron
had the prettiest, most feminine braided hairdo that wrapped around the back of her head and I was seated behind her so I got to stare at it all night.  I remember that Michelle Williams had the most adorable short hairdo I'd ever seen and Melissa McCarthy
Melissa McCarthy
had perfect makeup and perfectly applied false eyelashes which I appreciate because I can never get those damn things on straight and my eyes end up watering all night.  
Last year our table was situated near Zac Effron and Adam Lambert and I got a quick photo with Adam
Adam Lambert
since he's from San  Diego and he's so good looking and we all love him!  And I remember one year meeting T. Bone Burnett
T. Bone Burnett
when he won the award for the music for a movie starring Jeff Bridges  and he's now the music producer for the hit t.v. show Nashville.  He was super cool and very humble. It's amazing the things that stick in your head. 
I wonder who will be there this year?  I have hardly seen any of the nominated movies except for Brad Pitt's 12 Years a Slave which was really good although gut wrenching to watch.  In any event, I can't wait to go and I feel privileged that I get to attend because of Bobbie Wygant, my beautiful friend and Entertainment Reporter from Dallas, TX and also due to my sister Erin Pennacchio - my best friend and favorite celebrity fashion consultant!
Erin Pennacchio & Bobbie Wygant
Me & Bobbie on our way to the CC's

Share on :
19th Annual Critic's Choice Awards This Thursday!!!
19th Annual Critic's Choice Awards This Thursday!!!
Reviewed by pada mama
Published :
Rating : 4.5