Healthy in a Hurry!


There is always time to make a healthy meal that is quick, easy, packed with nutrition and delicious in flavor!  My trainer, Chris Law, challenged me to a fantastic stair work-out this morning at the beach which put me in a very positive, healthy mood for the day.  I completed 1800 stairs, 200 push-ups and 200 toe taps (crunches) in 39.51 min.  When I work out that hard I don't want to blow it by eating crap.  Instead, I want to reward myself with good food that energizes me for the day.  So...I whipped up this yummy lunch in less than 30 minutes using fresh, organic ingredients and a few left-overs in the fridge from last night's supper.

INGREDIENTS:
3 medium size organic zucchini, julienned in thin strips (I use a mandolin)
2 tsp virgin olive oil or Barlean's coconut oil
1 Roma tomato, cut in cubes
2 fresh organic beets, peeled and cubed
2 fresh organic carrots, scrubbed and cubed
1/2 piece of leftover cooked salmon (preferably wild) or cooked chicken, cut in bite-size pieces
a few shavings of Parmesan cheese or Pecorino Romano
salt and pepper to taste
Garnish:  chopped fresh parsley or basil - nothing like fresh herbs to brighten flavors!

DIRECTIONS:
Pre-heat your toaster oven to 450 degrees.  Place cubed beets and carrots on a cookie sheet, drizzle with a little olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Roast for 20-25 min. until tender.
Saute the zucchini in a pan on the stove top with a little drizzle of olive oil or a tsp. of coconut oil.  As soon as zucchini starts to get a bit limp, add the tomato and salmon (or chicken).  Saute a few more minutes then remove from heat and plate it.  Shave a little Parmesan or Romano cheese over the top and season with salt and fresh cracked black pepper.  Add the roasted beets and carrots to the side of the dish. Sprinkle some freshly chopped parsley or basil on it.  This is so delicious and satisfying.  It's guilt free pasta on a plate bursting with color and taste!  If you are interested in my Healthy Home Delivery Services and live in San Diego, please contact me directly at: success142617@yahoo.com for information on Menu Options, Pricing, Delivery Schedule, etc.
ENJOY!
Contact Chris Law at: law1176@yahoo.com for Fitness Tips and Information about Chris' Personal Training Services - there are no gimmicks or short-cuts!  I started training with Chris over 4 years ago and have never felt BETTER!

If you live in San Diego and want to get fresh, organic, seasonal fruits and vegetables - check out Suzie's Farm Organic Co-op!  You will love it!!!
Share on :
Healthy in a Hurry!
Healthy in a Hurry!
Reviewed by pada mama
Published :
Rating : 4.5