Strike Up The Band

Do you suffer from jiggly arm flap?  UGH!!!  You know what I'm talking about - that annoying loose skin on the backs of the arms that waves back and forth like a flag and tends to get worse with age!   I have always had fairly decent muscle tone in my arms due to the many years of faux painting and mural work that I did when I was in my 30's & 40's.  Rolling paint on the walls and lifting heavy equipment all day long is an easy way to keep the arms and upper body in great shape - that was my work-out!  However, when I stopped painting, I noticed that little by little, I started to lose the tone in the backs of my arms and in my biceps which was distressing - I had jiggly arm flap!  I'm not one for lifting weights but trust me, if you want to have great tone and definition in your arms and shoulders - you have to do one of two things - weight training &/or resistance training with rubber bands.  For me, rubber bands were a perfect option because they helped me acquire long, lean muscles.  My personal trainer, Chris Law (CPT), has been instrumental in guiding me through several different exercises that I can do with bands 2-3 times a week.  Believe me, these exercises get results quick! I meet Chris at Fletcher Cove in Solana Beach once-a-week and we go through a series of toning and strengthening exercises.  I am always amazed at how effective these exercises are! 

Here's a Few Examples:

Bicep Curls

Shoulder Raises

Shoulder Extensions

Y T W L's

Bicep Curls

Resistance "Good Mornings"

Resistance "Good Mornings"

So, the next time you are complaining about jiggly arm flap - do something about it.  Pick up a few bands at your local sports equipment store (i.e. Sports Authority) for around $10-$20 each and use them any time you want.  I always pack a set of bands when I travel so that even if I'm away from home, I can do my fitness routine anywhere, anytime!  

If you need guidance on how to do these exercises, or, you just need someone to help you get started and keep you motivated and accountable...email Chris Law at  law1176@yahoo.com or call him for a complimentary Fitness Evaluation  (858) 353-1176.  Chris is a wealth of information - he helped me so much and I know he will help YOU too!  And, you are welcome to join us anytime for our Wednesday Morning Power Work-Out from 7:00 a.m. to 7:45 a.m.  Email me at success142617@yahoo.com for information.

Share on :
Strike Up The Band
Strike   Up   The   Band
Reviewed by pada mama
Published :
Rating : 4.5