What's Cookin' Good Lookin' ???

I love, love, love to cook!  I have never gone to Culinary School but it's on the so-called "Bucket list".  In the mean time, I learn by watching cooking shows like Top Chef, Chopped, Top Chef Masters, Allstars, Diner's Drive-in's and Dives, Iron Chef, Cupcake Wars, Secrets of a Restaurant Chef, Restaurant Impossible and pretty much anything on the Food Network!  I would say that over the years I have really honed my skills due to watching these programs.  I have learned everything from how to combine flavors and textures to proper cooking methods to beautiful plating techniques.   I have about 12 kitchen appliances / tools that I call my "GO TO" tools.  I absolutely love every one of them and use them frequently (if not daily).  

I love my Cutco knives!  Every great Chef / Cook has to have great knives!

Stainless Steel Meat Tenderizer...does wonders for flank steak!

Saladmaster Salad Shooter - you can literally make coleslaw in minutes!

I am totally in love with my Breville Panini Press - it's like having a mini BBQ in your kitchen!

Saladmaster Stainless Steel Cookware - takes a little getting used to but I much prefer it over non-stick stuff!

I could not live without my Cuisinart Food Processor - I use it practically every day!  Mine is 26 years old.

Kenwood Countertop Deep Fat Fryer - love that it has a safety lid - no worries about hot oil spills!

This is a luxury item - the Kitchenaid Mixmaster - I have a red one and I use it every week!

This is a fun little gadget called a Mandolin - slices paper thin - perfect for home-made potato chips!

In the world of high tech I still love a traditional Mortar & Pestle for grinding spices

The Vitamix - this is the cadillac of blenders!  Makes amazing pureed soups, sauces, smoothies - even baby food.
The Microplane is the best zester on the planet - love it!
Share on :
What's Cookin' Good Lookin' ???
What's Cookin' Good Lookin' ???
Reviewed by pada mama
Published :
Rating : 4.5