HOSTING A STAR CANDY DESIGNS JEWELRY PARTY

One of the ways that I promote and sell Star Candy Designs Jewelry is through home parties.  There are sooooo many jewelry lines out there now that require you become both a representative for the line, and, recruit others to become part of your sales force (i.e. Cookie Lee, Silpada, Park Lane Jewels, Stella and Dot, Avon, etc).  I met a gal recently on my flight back from Las Vegas who had just been at a big Park Lane Jewels convention and she was all fired up about hosting her first party.  She gave me the link to the company website and I took a look at it.  I have to be honest, I was impressed with the designs and the compensation plan.   For some - becoming a Jewelry Distributor or 'Fashion Consultant' is a big investment in time and money.  Let's face it - you have to stock a few thousand dollars worth of product samples in order to showcase the designs otherwise, how are you going to sell it?  Very few women are going to purchase something based on a catalogue photo.  Not everyone wants to become a distributor when they host a jewelry party - sometimes they just want to earn a few hundred dollars worth of jewelry credit and have a fun cocktail party with their girlfriends, right?!  


One of the biggest and most successful companies that comes to mind is Cookie Lee.  I have been to many Cookie Lee jewelry parties and fundraisers over the years and know many women personally who have become involved in the company.  They all rave about the compensation plan, the dream vacations, the fun they have meeting other women, going to parties, etc., etc.  However, not one of my friends has made any real money!  Often times what I see happen, is they fizzle out after 1-2 years once they have burned through all of their friends hosting parties for them and they are left with a bunch of inventory that they can't sell.  The designs are quite lovely, however, they are cheaply mass produced and do not hold over time.  While I do acknowledge that there are thousands of women making money with this company, I think the main objective if you choose to become a sales person with Cookie Lee or any other jewelry company is that #1) You need to treat it like a career and really work the business on a daily basis, otherwise you will lose interest quickly.  #2) You should have a passion for jewelry and love the product you are selling!  Cookie Lee's philosophy is:  "Wear It, Share It, Sell It" and I completely agree with this statement.   




At Star Candy Designs...you don't need to become a representative to host a party.  All of my designs are hand made by me and I bring everything to you.  No invitations to write, no inventory to stock, no display to set up and take down - I do all that!   It's very simple!  


HOW TO BECOME A STAR CANDY DESIGNS HOSTESS AND EARN FREE JEWELRY!
One Month Prior:
  • Contact me directly at (858) 449-4648 to set a date and time for your party.  Plan one month in advance!
  • Give me your personal invitation list complete with the names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers of a minimum of 50 women that love jewelry!  I will send out  hard copy invitations and an Evite.
One Week Prior:
  • Make sure you have a room where I can display my designs.  A large dining room table is great.  Remove all chairs from the room so women can walk around the table to look and touch the designs.   I like to be able to display the designs in and around the area where the women are going to congregate and I want them to be able to try it on easily.
  • Make sure you have a large mirror available for women to see themselves when they try on jewelry.
  • Purchase some light refreshments i.e. sparkling water, fruit, cookies, a light wine such as Proseco, cheese and crackers.  Don't go overboard and don't spend a ton of money.
  • Talk up the jewelry party to your friends and show your excitement!  If you have purchased some of my jewelry - be sure to wear it and promote it prior to the party.  If you do not have any of my designs - let me know and I will give you some 'loaner pieces' to help advertise.
  • Call &/or email everyone personally that is on the invitation list to get definite RSVP's. (even if they have already said they are coming - double confirm - this is crucial!)
The Day Of:
  • Make sure you have the table ready for me to set up my display.  I will arrive earlier in the day to set up and return later for the party.  I also need to have a separate area where I can tally my sales and gift wrap each of your friend's purchases.  All gift packaging is included in their purchase.
  • Make any last minute calls to women who have not RSVP'd.  A reminder email will also go out from Star Candy Designs directly.
As Guests Arrive:
  • Show them directly to the jewelry first!  Then offer them some refreshments.  Please remind your guests that everything on display is for sale and they don't have to order or wait to receive their jewelry.  Women at my parties love that they can leave the party with their jewelry in hand.  And don't worry - I will be there to talk personally with your guests and sell my designs.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
  • Well, obviously if you don't love Star Candy Designs, there's not much point in hosting a jewelry party.  However, if you do love my designs, the compensation is great!
1)  You get a FREE BRACELET and pair of EARRINGS just for hosting a party.
2)  You earn 5% JEWELRY CREDIT on the total sales for the party which you can use immediately or save and use on-line at a later time.  You also have the option of donating that 5% to a charity of your choice and making the party a fundraiser.  When you do this, all of your expenses for the evening are tax deductible!
3)  You get a ONE YEAR 20% VIP DISCOUNT!
4)  If you host a 2nd party within 6 months, that discount bumps up to 30% for another FULL YEAR!


Please Note:  I do not participate in shared or combined vendor parties/events.  Thank you!  To see more about my Rewards Program in detail go to: http://www.starcandydesigns.com/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=7



Share on :
HOSTING A STAR CANDY DESIGNS JEWELRY PARTY
HOSTING A STAR CANDY DESIGNS JEWELRY PARTY
Reviewed by pada mama
Published :
Rating : 4.5