COUNTDOWN TO OSCARS 2011!


"and the Oscar goes to".....
BEST PICTURE


The Nominees:





For the past three years I have gone to my friend's house in San Diego for a "Girl's Night Out Oscar Party" to watch The Academy Awards and the pre-show hosted by  my talented brother-in-law - KABC7's George Pennacchio with fashion commentary by my favorite KABC7 news anchor Michelle Tuzee & designer Randolph Duke.  This is such a fun afternoon /evening party and we get together for cocktails, yummy salads from California Pizza Kitchen and some decadent desserts to vote on all our favorite categories for the Oscars.  The pre-show is called On The Red Carpet and it airs live from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. West coast time, followed by the ABC network's pre-show at 4:00 p.m. with fashion commentary by my all-time favorite fashion guru Tim Gunn from Project Runway.  I love watching these two shows prior to the actual Oscar's because for one thing, I am in total awe of what my brother-in-law does for a living as it fascinates me that he does not get intimidated interviewing all these major stars on the red carpet!  Secondly, I love to see the fashions and check out the amazing jewelry!  It's interesting how some women will really bring on the bling and others are much more under-stated.  Anyways.... George is a master at his job and does it with such finesse!  I also have a special fondness for Tim Gunn's fashion commentary because my sister Erin Pennacchio, tried out for Project Runway on Lifetime a few seasons ago when it was on Bravo and we are major fans of the show!  I went to the audition with her in West Hollywood (for moral support) and she was interviewed by Tim - let me tell you - it was a huge thrill for both of us!!!  So....be sure to watch George Pennacchio live On The Red Carpet as he works his magic interviewing the BEST of the BEST.  He is so good at what he does and of course his stylist for the evening is none other than my little sister!  If you are not familiar with George...check out his fanpage on Facebook - become a fan and get all of the latest celebrity & movie updates! 
KABC7's Entertainment Reporter George Pennacchio
http://www.facebook.com/GeorgePennacchio

STAR CANDY DESIGNS COUNTDOWN TO OSCAR 2011 CONTEST

Okay, now having said that...I am running a little Academy Award Contest!  Please send your predictions/votes as to what picture will WIN this year for BEST PICTURE.  Send your predictions to my email address:  success142617@yahoo.com along with your name and mailing address by no later than midnight this Saturday.  The first 10 people who get it right will win a pair of beautiful Star Candy Designs pierced earrings designed and made my little hands!  Names will be posted on my Star Candy Designs fanpage on facebook. 
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Star-Candy-Designs-Jewelry/16795830659  
Are you up for the challenge?  Here's a little sneak peak of the earrings that you might WIN!!!

HAVE FUN ON OSCAR NIGHT & REMEMBER TO VOTE!!!
Use Code:  FAC899 to shop on line today and enjoy 50% OFF all Star Candy Designs Jewelry!  It's Oscar Fever!!! www.starcandydesigns.com
Share on :
COUNTDOWN TO OSCARS 2011!
COUNTDOWN TO OSCARS 2011!
Reviewed by pada mama
Published :
Rating : 4.5