The Bar Method

It's hard to believe that August is here already!  The summer is literally flying by and I have neglected to write for quite awhile.  It seems like my life is all about the kids right now while I continue to struggle with finding time and energy for my own creative pursuits.  That healthy cook book that I have been promising my Facebook fans is sitting on the shelf so to speak at Blurb Bookify - it came to a screeching halt when I got  about 79 pages in and now every time I go back to it I feel like I want to start over.  I am also regularly reminded by Blurb that I am "at risk" of losing my book if I don't update it!  Yikes, should I scrap what I have done so far or carry on???  I have amassed enough recipes and photos to write two cookbooks but then I doubt myself and think, does the world really need another healthy cookbook, really?  Arghhhhhhhh!!!  Self doubt, I hate you!

My daughter Hannah Renee turned 19 and is busy writing and recording music. Her lyric-writing ability is astounding to me…I find myself being in awe of my own daughter.  She doesn't have to think about it - just has that natural ability.  She is home for the summer from college and her life seems to be one endless party.  She is full steam ahead with everything she does - I love her self confidence and motivation. I remember being like that once! She will soon be releasing the video for her first original single called "Sugar Iced Tea" on youtube which was filmed by her friend Matthew Law - a film & t.v. arts student from LMU.  
Hannah Renee

My son Chandler (age 16) is busy pursuing soccer scholarships for 2014.  I helped him set up his own soccer recruiting website on a site called CaptainU and I'm actually impressed with the results he is getting.  It's a very easy type of format that Chandler can manage himself to post videos and photos of his soccer games; communicate with college coaches and track his own progress.  Whoever thought of it is brilliant!!!
Chandler Evan
One thing I do not doubt about myself, is my dedication to my health.   I am completely committed to it - every day.  I have been a runner/jogger for many years (since age 22) but have given up street running and now go to the high school track so that my knees don't have to endure the constant jarring from pounding the pavement.   Two-three miles a day and that's it.  I utilize the stairs and bleachers at the school - I can't tell you how many times I have run up and down those stairs - all I know is that it works wonders for the backs of the legs, thighs and butt!  You build up amazing cardiovascular endurance from running stairs too. 
Sometime back in early February, a close friend of mine invited me to try The Bar Method in Solana Beach.  I had heard about it and seen many of these "Bar" studios popping up all over town but didn't know anything about it.  I don't go to a gym and I'm not the type of person to sign up for classes of any kind so this was a first for me.  I went ahead and signed up for the New Client Special - a month of classes for $100.  I thought, why not?  Well, here I am 6 months later, going 3-4 times a week and blogging about it!  I'm hooked.  I actually get in my car at 7:30 a.m. and drive to the studio in Solana Beach to take a 1-hour class that challenges me every time.  I have never been more flexible in my life and The Bar Method has definitely done what it promises to do - producing longer, lean muscles and increased endurance, strength and flexibility.  With that said, it's time for me to go to my class…here's a few photos from The Bar Method.
one of the challenging exercises I do at Bar class
How does the Bar Method sculpt the body?
The Bar Method integrates the fat-burning format of interval training with muscle-shaping isometrics to quickly and safely reshape the entire body. Its non-impact, one-hour workout targets all major muscle groups and improves posture. The result is a recognizable “Bar Method body” featuring sculpted arms, flat abs, a lifted seat, and elongated thighs.
The Bar Method Studio, Solana Beach, CA

The lovely Instructors & Staff at The Bar Method

What do you do in a Bar Method workout?
The Bar Method™ is a one-hour, total body workout. It starts with a warm-up, free-weight exercises and push-ups and moves on to intense leg and seat work at the bar, then abdominal work at the bar and on mats. Every exercise includes active stretching and is followed by additional stretching to elongate the muscles just worked.
I challenge YOU - give it a try for one month 
and see the results!!!
In Memory of Joan Forrest
A very brave lady that I had the pleasure of meeting at The Bar Method
studio five months ago.  She touched my life with her determination and
her amazingly positive attitude.  She came to Bar class even when she was feeling sick from the chemo.
R.I.P. Joan



Share on :
Reviewed by pada mama
Published :
Rating : 4.5