How To Be A Man

I make new friends in the most unusual of places and circumstances.  About six weeks ago, my friend Nicole asked me to try The Bar Method classes at a studio in Solana Beach, CA.  I have been doing regular circuit training for over four years and decided it was time for a change.  As my sister Erin says: "sometimes you have to confuse the muscles".  I agree.  So...I signed up for the $100 unlimited class NEW CLIENT SPECIAL and started going twice a week.  Not only do I love what The Bar Method is doing for my body (i.e. creating long lean muscles)...I love that I am meeting some new entrepreneurial women who are into health!  

For instance, I recently met Laura Martella.  I noticed her instantly because for one - she is so darn pretty, and two, she has a distinct Southern accent.  I was in the ladie's locker room one morning listening to her talk to another woman about her cause - Alzheimer's (well let's face it, I was eaves dropping).  Then I heard her talking about her book.  So I asked her if she was an author and she smiled politely at me and said "well sort of - accidentally".  Then she pulled a beautiful photo postcard out of her purse with this adorable Pomeranian on it wearing a collar and bowtie.  She went on to tell me about her coffee table book called "How to be a Man" written through the eyes of her 12-year old Pomeranian "Norman".   Her eyes lit up as she was talking about him.  I knew I had to get hold of a copy of this book! 

When I got home that day I went on Facebook and found Norman's fan page and immediately 'Liked' it.  Then I looked at the website: www.gentlemannorman.com  and watched some of the videos - they're hilarious!  Long story short, Laura told me yesterday that Norman has a heart murmur and she doesn't know how much longer he will be in this world.  He has made numerous 'celebrity' appearances and even has a Twitter and Facebook following.  I would love to see this dog make an appearance on the Ellen Degeneres show as I know she and Portia are dog lovers.  I mean, look at this face - you gotta love this little guy! 

The best part about this coffee table book is that it is for a good cause - Alzheimer's research.  As Norman states on the back cover of his book: 

"A true gentleman is philanthropic.  Gentleman Norman donates a portion of the proceeds of this book to select Alzheimer's Association Chapters".  

BUY THE BOOK!
As you all know, I blog about things I appreciate that also benefit the world in some way.  This disease has hit my family hard on both sides.  It claimed the lives of both of my grandfathers and also my Mother's brother.  Two more of my uncles now suffer with it.  It is such an isidious and unfair disease!  I hope you will consider purchasing Laura Martella's coffee table book - it is a real delight - beautiful photography and wonderful captions and you can feel good knowing that she also has a personal conviction.  

 Thank you!  
Share on :
How To Be A Man
How To Be A Man
Reviewed by pada mama
Published :
Rating : 4.5