Mom Love

It's been awhile since I last blogged...I was definitely in a creative funk!  Plus it was just too darn hot in my house to sit at the computer.  It's been a long, hot summer in San Diego and we are still getting record high temperatures.  Having said that, it's OCTOBER - my favorite month of the year!  The weather starts to get a bit cooler and my creative juices start flowing again.  One of the things I love to do is make jewelry for New Mom's and their babies.  I was recently approached by one of my favorite CNN news anchors - Linda Stouffer, to update her sister's Mother's bracelet.  I made a two-strand Mother's bracelet for her a few years ago with her son's names on it (William & Beckett) and now she has had a third child, a girl named "Harper".  How cute is that name?  So Linda asked me to update the bracelet to a 3-strand style, and add the name Harper.  She also wanted me to add a feminine touch to it with some pinks, peaches and "girly" colors.  I also made a little matching toddler bracelet for the new addition Harper so she can be just like mommy!  This was a fun project for me and I am very happy with the results!  
Three-Strand Mother's Bracelet aka "Mom Candy"
Matching Toddler Bracelet for Harper
Made with Sterling Silver Letter Blocks from
INM Crystal
I doubt you have ever seen Mother's Bracelets like these!  They are not cookie cutter style at all.  Every bracelet is custom made to order with genuine Swarovski Crystals, hand-made Italian Moretti glass beads, imported sterling silver beads from Bali and hand-blown Furnace Glass beads.  These bracelets run about $89 per strand (and up) because they are a special collection of little artworks.  I also collect interesting clasps and toggles to finish them beautifully.  I rely on two amazing glass artists to make these gorgeous beads - James Tinker of Blackriver Beads and Pottery and Mary Nielander Combs of Mary's Beads.  They are wonderful, gifted artists who make amazing beads.

So.......if you are looking for a unique gift for someone special, now is the time to order one!  These take time to design and make so please contact me early if you want one as a Holiday Gift!
Thanks and have a great day!

Heather Short
Artist, Designer, Consultant
(858) 449-4648
Share on :
Mom Love
Mom Love
Reviewed by pada mama
Published :
Rating : 4.5