SUMMER WEDDING FASHION PAIRINGS - PART 1

It's that time of year!  You're either a bride-to-be; a bridesmaid or a guest at someone's wedding this summer, RIGHT?!  You've heard of 'wine pairings'?  Well, these are my FAVORITES for Summer Wedding Fashion Pairings...i.e. the shoes, the dress, and the Star Candy Designs Jewelry of course!  I'm just having a little fun with this today searching around the internet to find some ideas for you so here goes!
Today, I will start with the most important person:
THE BRIDE
One of my favorite websites for beautiful wedding gowns that are fashion forward and reasonable is BCBG.  I found this one today which I love called the LEXI gown which I think is really lovely and has a sexy back.  Since it has this jewelled detail under the bustline, I would probably go for a very simple, understated chain necklace and some dangly earrings.  (See my pick for earrings below).

ENSEMBLE #1

Love the sexy back on this dress!  Stand tall!

ACCESSORIES:
My "Jessica" Cream Pearl, Swarovski Crystal and Gold-Filled Earrings would look perfect with this gown and this sleek ponytail hairstyle.
THE SHOES:
I'm going to suggest something a little different...rather than matching ivory shoes, I might go with a gold satin strappy shoe like this RSVP BOOMER I found on Zappos.com.  I like the ruffled effect on the front with the crystal detail and the color is a nice change from traditional white or ivory shoes.  Be sure to do a French pedicure on those toes!  And REMEMBER - 'matchy matchy' can be fine but it's also boring so go for something unique and interesting.  This whole wedding ensemble i.e. BCBG gown, STAR CANDY DESIGNS pearl earrings and RSVP shoes will end up costing you less than $700 - that's a DEAL.  You don't have to spend a fortune to look sexy and elegant on your wedding day.  Use the money you saved on this ensemble for your Honeymoon!
RSVP BOOMER
http://www.zappos.com/rsvp-boomer-gold
ENSEMBLE #2
I think this 'Marissa' Layered Silk Organza gown is absolutely beautiful and so youthful!  I love the way the bottom flares out and cascades down with layers upon layers of organza.  Be sure to pull your shoulders back when you walk down the isle and stand tall.
Marissa Gown by BCBG
http://www.bcbg.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11048504&cp=11254547.11032626&clickid=cat_leftnav_txt&parentPage=family

Simple, Sexy and Strapless!
ACCESSORIES:
Bare necklines seem to be the trend this summer, however, I am not one to follow trends.  I would definitely add a gorgeous statement necklace to this look with my made-to-order 'Melissa' necklace featuring cream baby freshwater pearls that are hand-wired into a pendant with 14K gold-filled wire.  For earrings I would go with a single cream pearl stud, or, a classic elegant pair of pearl & crystal earrings like my 'Janice' earrings shown below.
The 'Melissa' Necklace by Star Candy Designs
http://www.starcandydesigns.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=448
The 'Janice' Earrings by Star Candy Designs
http://www.starcandydesigns.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=83
THE SHOES:
I love this classic evening sandal by Nolan D'Orsay (for BCBG).  It's a perfect pairing with the gown as it won't compete with it, and, you will actually be comfortable in these heels for hours.  Be sure to have a French Pedicure beforehand.
Classic Ivory Satin Evening Sandal by Nolan D'Orsay
http://www.bcbg.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11147697&cp=11254547.11032626&parentPage=family
You're going to spend a little more $$$ on my Ensemble #2 - this will run you about $1,500 for everything but that's still pretty great considering some brides-to-be spend upwards of $5,000-$10,000 on the gown alone!

ENSEMBLE #3
Now for something a little different.  This would be my pick for a casual, summer wedding on the beach.  The 'Nalda' one-shoulder pleated silk gown is sexy, free-flowing and oh-soooo comfortable.  The best part - it's under $500.
The 'Nalda' Gown by BCBG
http://www.bcbg.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11414107&cp=4213690.4377174&clickid=cat_leftnav_txt&parentPage=family

When you're going for a simple one-shoulder design, you have to be very selective about the jewelry you choose.  I would not wear a necklace with this dress, however, I would definitely wear long, elegant earrings and some classic pearl & crystal bracelets.  Here's a few ideas for accessorizing.

THE ACCESSORIES:
My 'Cynthia' Flat Briolette Swarovski Crystal Earrings would be a lovely compliment to this dress.  I make these in either 92.5 sterling silver or 14K gold-filled versions.  The center beads are called 'fireballs' and are made with clear AB crystals that reflect shades of pink, lavender, gold and blue.
The 'Cynthia' Earrings by Star Candy Designs
http://www.starcandydesigns.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=81
For the wrist accessory, my 'Pearl' bracelet made with Swarovski white glass pearls, clear AB crystals and oxidized sterling silver beads from Bali would be a lovely addition.  You could even wear 3 of these identical bracelets to add a little more dimension and  sparkle.  It is finished with a lovely Cubic Zirconia (clear) hinged clasp and has a dangly crystal & pearl charm on it.  (I also make this design with cream pearls and 14K gold vermeil beads.)
The 'Pearl' Bracelet by Star Candy Designs
http://www.starcandydesigns.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=133
THE SHOES:
For a beach wedding, you can most definitely go with a cute, feminine flat sandal.  Who wants to get their heels stuck in the sand anyway?  You could even go barefoot but here's my pick for something that is casual yet feminine.  I love the silk flower detail on this adorable sandal by Nine West called 'Romantic'.  These are also perfect for tall girls!
The 'Romantic' Sandal by Nine West
http://www.zappos.com/nine-west-romantic-white-leather
Ensemble #3 will come in at around $900 - that's approx. $500 for the dress; another $350 or so for the jewelry and only $50 for the sandals.  How great is that?  Stay tuned for Part 2 of my Summer Wedding Fashion Pairings.  Tomorrow I will take on The Bridesmaid!  In the meantime...have you seen the movie "Bridesmaids"?
Share on :
SUMMER WEDDING FASHION PAIRINGS - PART 1
SUMMER WEDDING FASHION PAIRINGS - PART 1
Reviewed by pada mama
Published :
Rating : 4.5