FAVORITE THINGS....CONTINUED

I LOVE coming up with unique ideas for Holiday Gifts....soooooooooo, here are FIVE more things to tickle your fancy; get you in the Holiday spirit and pique your interest!  Back in February of 2010, I had the opportunity to take on a jewelry consulting job with a company in New York called Make Meaning.  In the process of my consulting, I met Debbie Chialtis, owner of Soaplove.  She designs and makes the most adorable glycerin hand made soaps on the planet!!!  I have purchased several of her delicious soapypops and fizzy bath bombs.  Here are three great gift items that will be sure to get a big smile!

FAVORITE THINGS #6 

Peppermint Bath Set
http://www.soapylove.com/item.php?item_id=61&category_id=4

Candy Cane Soapypop
http://www.soapylove.com/item.php?item_id=16&category_id=1

Debbie's New Book - The Art of Soap
http://www.soapylove.com/item.php?item_id=49&category_id=3

FAVORITE THINGS #7


Cupcake Love makes perfectly decorated, from-scratch, cupcakes with only the finest ingredients. Every day there are 12 featured flavors, ranging from rich Vanilla to Strawberry Margarita.  And for those that just don’t love frosting (gasp!) they also offer decadent brownies and a small selection of bar cookies.  I do not have a huge sweet tooth myself, however, when I am in the mood for something yummy and sweet - these cupcakes really satisfy the tastebuds!  I love the fact that you can also get mini cupcakes which are 2-3 bites and perfectly satisfying as well.  Look at these adorable Thanksgiving cupcakes:




FAVORITE THINGS #8 - EMPOWERMENT FOR WOMEN


Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom
This is an amazing book that I believe all women should read and have on their bookshelves as a "go-to" resource book for every stage of life.  I gained some great insight from Dr. Northrup when I was in my 30's and trying to get pregnant after 8 years of infertility.  I believe I struggled with conception due to long-term use of birth control pills in my early 20's.  This book not only helped me conceive naturally, but also gave me the wisdom and courage to birth both of my children at home, naturally, without any intervention or drugs (with a midwife and chiropractor standing by).  It has empowered me throughout my life to go through the stages of womanhood and not be afraid of the inevitable changes.  I am now 50, approaching menopause and I know without a doubt, that Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom will guide me through it gently, safely and most importantly, without fear.

Christiane Northrup, M.D.
http://www.facebook.com/DrChristianeNorthrup


Dr. Christiane Northrup’s vision of mind-body wellness has received an extraordinary response from women all over the world. 


Her groundbreaking classic, now completely revised, Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom powerfully demonstrates that when women change the basic conditions of their lives that lead to health problems, they heal faster, more completely, and with far fewer medical interventions. 
The newest edition of Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom is a must-have addition to your home library—even if you own a previous edition. This version is packed with the most up-to-date material, including research and resources you won't find anywhere. 
Inside you will discover: 
• New material on sexuality—and how to have a more fulfilling sex life.
• The spiritual and scientific principles behind healing from terminal illnesses, and how you can utilize these principles for your own health and the health of others.
• Vital information about how to truly dissolve PMS and ease menstrual cramps.
• Extraordinary facts on Vitamin D—and why it is crucial for breast, cardiovascular, and immune system health.
• The importance of the preconception diet and how to greatly decrease your risk of birth defects. • How to birth naturally, despite the current induction and C-section epidemic.
• All you need to know about thyroid function, including proper blood tests.
• Life-saving facts about cellular inflammation—the root cause of all chronic degenerative diseases—and how to prevent this condition.
• The essentials on the "fountain of youth molecule"—and how to enhance your levels of it for vibrant health. 
Healing Cards - on iTunes

FAVORITE THINGS #9 - A GREAT COOKBOOK!

Don't you just love a great recipe book!  I have been passionnate about cooking and food for 40 years!  I had the good fortune back in 1995 to be chosen as a guest for Oprah's Celebrity Cooking Contest.  I submitted a home video tape of myself making my signature Butternut Squash Soup, and, my low-fat Roasted Eggplant Tofu Casserole.  I was selected out of 5,000 entries to be on the show and cook for Oprah!  Would you believe, I introduced Oprah to tofu - she had never had it before!!!  It was one of the biggest highlights of my life and I have such great memories.  I got to meet Oprah's personal chef at that time - Rosie Daley and l learned some great tips from her.  I also met celebrity judges Luther VanDross and Pam Tillis.   I have continued to cook and experiment with my own recipes ever since that experience, and, I have become a huge fan of The Food Network and shows like "Giada at Home".  I love Giada because she takes the guess work out of cooking - she makes it sooooo simple and easy using everyday fresh, flavorful ingredients.  I think this is one of the BEST cookbooks - easy to understand and the recipes are simply delicious and bursting with flavor!  Plus, Giada is beautiful and she radiates happiness and health!





FAVORITE THINGS #10 - THE BREVILLE PANINI PRESS!

I love paninis so much that I actually envisioned myself opening a restaurant some day that just served soup and paninis.  I was going to call it "Hipanini"!  I love them so much that I have gone through two panini makers over the years - I literally use them until they wear out.  My latest favorite is the Breville Panini Maker which you probably saw on Oprah's Favorite Things show last Friday if you were watching.  It is $99.00 and well worth every penny!  I purchased one for my sister last year at Williams-Sonoma (another favorite store of mine) for Christmas and she uses it so much that it is now permanently on her kitchen counter.

Breville Panini Press
http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/breville-panini-press/?pkey=celectrics-breville|eltbrvpan
Stay tuned for more of my favorites...YOU now know who made my TOP 10 list...I will be blogging about more of THE BEST OF THE BEST right up until 12/20/10!

Share on :
FAVORITE THINGS....CONTINUED
FAVORITE THINGS....CONTINUED
Reviewed by pada mama
Published :
Rating : 4.5